Friday, July 4, 2008

First Post; a Modest Forward

I've ideological ventings and arguments which need formalization, and recording.

I've spent years fuming in emails against my family members, exhorting them with reason, logic, facts, and every other trick in my bag. But the religious rapture with which they revere their ideals is impervious to such things. A greater tragedy in this familial debate is that years of my carefully crafted epistles have been lost in the digital dumpheaps of my family member's email trash cans. I was quite passionate and thorough when writing many of these emails and now they are largely gone. A thoughtcrime, if there ever was one!

At the very least, I'd like my ideas to be stored, and this blog will serve that purpose. I see an "Edit Posts" button at the top of this webpage. If possible, I hope to continuously revise posts to include more supporting facts and arguments... This will hopefully save me time in the future; if I wish to make a certain point or express my view about a topic to someone, it's my hope that I can just send them a hyperlink to my blog post dealing with "topic." It'd be quite exciting if this blog enabled me to create an Encylo-of-my-brainia, with detailed entries of "what I think of this," for any given topic which I'm interested in writing about.

Perhaps, contrary to the debates which I've had with my family, this blog will enable me to reach those who do not willfully deafen their ears. Perhaps I will meet and gain some allies in the war of ideas, through this medium! I suspect that politics, government, ethics, and life fulfillment will be the main topics I'll be writing about. I've spent several years studying philosophy and I am now shifting my reading to a study of American and world history. If the philosophy is as good as promised, these two should be in agreement. Principles should not violate practice. I am excited about learning and writing about these things.

And happy fourth of July!

No comments: